Providing basic gynecologic care typically involves offering routine screenings, counseling, and treatment for common gynecological conditions. Some of the key components of basic gynecologic care include: (Doctor Bloom and Doctor Pimenova)
1. Routine exams: This may include pelvic exams, breast exams, and cervical cancer screenings such as Pap smears.
2. Contraceptive counseling: Providers can help individuals choose the most appropriate contraceptive method for their needs and provide education about proper use.
3. STI testing and treatment: Providers can test for and treat sexually transmitted infections such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, and herpes.
4. Menstrual irregularities: Providers can evaluate and treat conditions such as heavy or irregular periods, painful periods, or absence of periods.
5. Menopause management: Providers can offer counseling and treatment options for individuals experiencing menopause-related symptoms such as hot flashes and vaginal dryness.
Providers can also offer education on reproductive health, safe sex practices, and healthy lifestyle choices.